KU has a long and valued legacy of research engagement. We lead, commission, partner and support research that progresses the early childhood education sector.
KU is committed to knowledge production and exchange that advances research-informed practice. We have an extensive research portfolio and support projects that enhance outcomes for children and families.
Our current research focus aligns with KU strategic priorities and includes:
- Exemplary pedagogy and practice
- Workforce and leadership
- Inclusion, equity and social impact
KU collaborates on Australian Research Council Linkage Projects to produce knowledge and innovation with higher education researchers. We also support PhD candidates, undergraduate and postgraduate studies and invest in practitioner research in our services.
- Leadership in KU – This KU led project investigated effective early childhood leadership, focusing on assets (structure, resources, relationships) that enable effective leadership and support leadership initiatives and innovation in KU and the wider sector.
- Exemplary early childhood educators at work: a multi-level investigation – Macquarie University, Manchester Metropolitan University, Rutgers University, Queensland University of Technology
- Engagement in early childhood education in the context of disadvantage – University of NSW, University of Sydney, University of Western Sydney
- Equitable access to high quality early education – University of NSW
- Supporting participation in early childhood education – Macquarie University
- Harnessing the power of the early childhood workforce as effective knowledge brokers in a health crisis – Macquarie University
All research is conducted with integrity and follows responsible and ethical standards.
Individuals or organisations seeking to undertake research with KU can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.