The Specialised Equipment and Resources for Kindergarten Services (SERK) program is funded by the Queensland Department of Education and managed by KU. SERK supports the participation of children with a disability to participate in a kindergarten program by providing a free specialised equipment loan service, relevant professional resources and advice on how to support children’s participation.
The SERK program is available free to:
- Queensland Government approved kindergarten services that hold a membership with an approved Central Governing Body.
- Independent Schools Queensland (ISQ)
- Queensland Catholic Education Commission (QCEC)
- Queensland Lutheran Early Childhood Services (QLECS)
- The Creche and Kindergarten Association Limited (C&K)
- The Gowrie (QLD) Inc.
- Distance education kindergarten providers delivering the eKindy Program (Brisbane SDE); and
- Prescribed state schools delivering the approved Kindergarten Program
- SERK Coordinator: Liaising with kindergartens to organise loan agreements, delivery of equipment and maintenance.
- Kindergarten Inclusion Consultant: Available via phone/Skype and email during term time to support kindergartens to utilise Specialised Equipment to include children with a disability.
- Occupational Therapist: Support in ensuring best choice of equipment if required. The best resource for determining the most appropriate equipment, resources and sizing required is the family and the child’s therapist.
Types of Equipment Available for Loan
Types of equipment available for loan include:
- Seating and tables e.g. activity chairs, cut out tables, vibrating cushions
- Standing e.g. standing frames
- Toileting e.g. toilet steps, hydraulic change tables
- Swings e.g. sensory pod swing
Please contact us to discuss the full range of equipment available for loan.
Equipment Loan Request
Please complete the SERK Request Form and email it to the SERK team.
For any queries relating to SERK, Kindergarten Inclusion Consultancy support or feedback please contact us:
P: 07 3865 4780
M: 0431 517 891
KISS: Kindergarten Inclusion Support Scheme
For any queries relating to KISS funding, please contact the relevant Central Governing Body.
Details can be found on the Department of Education’s website.
General Resource Library support continues to be provided through Inclusion Works.